1. Live to Love! Golden Oldies are so true to their breed-being kind and giving love. They are grateful for this second chance for happiness with a new loving family and home.
2. Obedient! Golden Oldies have learned what NO means and contrary to common belief, older dogs CAN learn new “tricks”, particularly since they are more focused and have longer attention spans.
3. Been There, Done That! Many Golden Oldies have already been socialized to other animals and situations.
4. Mellow Yellow! Golden Oldies give you some space for yourself during the day, because they don’t make the kinds of demands on your time and attention that puppies and young dogs do.
5. Potty Trained! Most Golden Oldies are housebroken.
6. Mature! Golden Oldies are not teething and therefore won’t chew up your brand new shoes, antique furniture or favorite photo album.
7. Adaptable! Golden Oldies tend to adapt more easily to household changes, such as visiting guests and being alone for longer periods of time.
8. An Open Book! With Golden Oldies, what you see is what you get-most of the dog’s health and behavioral history is already known.
9. Nighttime is for Sleeping! Golden Oldies let you get a good night’s sleep because they are accustomed to human schedules and don’t require nighttime feedings, comforting or bathroom breaks.
10. Best Friends! Golden Oldies are instant companions-ready for hiking, car trips, good conversation, and cuddling.